Help Needed! Share your voice with the Cannabis Regulatory Commission (CRC).
- Any & all individuals are welcome to testify virtually with three minutes of speaking time (note: does not need to be the region where you live) AND/OR by submitting written testimony
- Organizations are encouraged to submit one testimony per organization
- If submitting written testimony, the deadline is March 18, 2022
What is the Social Equity Excise Fee?
- 100 percent of the tax revenue dedicated to community investment (that is, 60 percent of total tax revenue) must be spent in “Impact Zones.” Learn more about Impact Zones and check to see if your community is located in one of these zones here.
- Revenue from the Social Equity Excise Fee will be prioritized for Impact Zones
Why is the Cannabis Regulatory Commission (CRC) holding public hearings?
What is community investment?
Sample Talking Points
1. Transparency & participatory decision-making: It’s essential that the state create a transparent and truly participatory process for people to give input on how community reinvestment dollars are used. These hearings are an important first step, but we need more outreach and opportunities for input.
3. Investing in a harm reduction approach to drug use: If any excise fee revenue is used to fund drug prevention or treatment programs, then these programs should be rooted in a harm reduction approach to drug use. A harm reduction approach to drug use is evidence-based and centers the humanity and wellbeing of people who use drugs. When people have access to harm reduction.